Part of a letter written to friends in Haifa and those who got to serve Dr. Varqa at the PRC:
That's incredible and fitting that you all got to play a part in holding a reception in Dr. Varqa's memory at the PRC where he used to give his talks. Surely, we were the lucky ones to be in his presence when he came to give his talks and share his love with all of us. He would even stop by to talk to us after his talks as we tried to hide so he would not have to stop for us. It would be wonderful to hear some of all of your Dr. Varqa stories.
My favorite story was serving him tea and seeing him at the PRC and Bahji. The other one was when I was serving at the International Teaching Centre in 2004, I went to deliver something to the Seat. Then as I was coming down the elevator with a couple friends and Mr. Razavi and Mr. Paul Lample, the door opened up and guess who? Dr. Varqa was there with two people. So, obviously we all get out of the elevator immediately to let Dr. Varqa in. However, he would not allow us. He said you were there first and need to go. I even tried to push his wheel share and put his foot down (Don't ask me what prompted me to do this, an ignorant kid!). So we all got back on the elevator, went down. And then immediately pushed the button for his floor.
On the 22, Samarih and I were talking about Dr. Varqa and how he made through the pilgrim season (Brigitte shared the information while in the US)... He had already passed on to the Abha kingdom but surely we were somehow touched.
We were all so priviledged!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment